We are excited for our social at NeurIPS 2022!
This is an in-person social for early-career researchers wanting to work in the ML & Climate Change research field. The nature of this research area is inherently interdisciplinary and we welcome researchers from different backgrounds and interests. The social offers the opportunity for networking and informal discussion; aiming to both connect people starting out and introducing them to current ML & Climate Change researchers. We will start with an icebreaker bingo, followed by roundtable discussions on different topics, such as how to start interdisciplinary collaborations, finding and working with real-world data, the most impactful/urgent areas of research, and how to find jobs in ML & Climate Change, etc.
- Day: November 30
- Location: Room 392
- Time: 06:00 PM — 08:00 PM (CST)
- Slack: Join us on Slack to keep in touch with other attendees
Confirmed Roundtable Moderators:
- Alex Hernandez-Garcia, Mila.
- Konstantin Klemmer, Microsoft Research New England and Climate Change AI.
- Anna Kwa, Climate Modeling Team, Allen Institute for AI.
- Alexandre Lacoste, ServiceNow Research.
- Mélisande Teng, Mila & Université de Montréal.
- Bianca Zadrozny, IBM Research.
- 6:00 PM - Icebreaker Bingo — with prizes!
- 6:35 PM - 1st round of roundtables
- 7:00 PM - 2nd round of roundtables
- 7:25 PM - 3rd round of roundtables
- 8:00 PM - Finish
- Tiffany Vlaar (she/her), Mila & McGill University.
- Sigrid Passano Hellan (she/her), University of Edinburgh.